Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"This change will be applied to all elements" in schedules

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
cvoight
2670 Views, 6 Replies

"This change will be applied to all elements" in schedules

Prior to Revit 2014, I hadn't experienced the "This change will be applied to all elements of type xx" dialog box that pops up when editing type parameters in a schedule (seemingly randomly - some parameters occassion it, others don't). However, now that I have to deal with it constantly, it's slowly driving me crazy. How can I obviate/suppress/disable this dialog?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: cvoight

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

This message has existed since at least Revit 2012 (I just tested) and is issued every time you change a Type Parameter through the Schedule. There is no way to suppress or bypass this message, as obnoxious as it may be.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
cvoight
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Yeah, it's *supposed* to have been there for a few versions, but 2014 is the first version it's ever occurred for me (and a few others) - I'm not sure why, as our content hasn't changed aside from being upgraded automatically for 2014.

My confusion arises because not all of our shared type parameters inspire this behavior. For example, we have an integer parameter for lamp quantity in our light fixtures; it can be changed without popping up the dialog box. Most of our other shared type parameters do cause it though.

Is there a "best practice" for adjusting our parameters so that we don't have to deal with this dialog?

Message 4 of 7
CoreyDaun

In Revit 2014, I added two Shared Type Parameters (Text and Integer) to a couple Families and I changed those values in the Schedule without the warning popping up. However, if those Parameters are Project Parameters, the error appears. When you get this error, do the Parameters that you are changing happen to be Project Parameters? (Shared or not, doesn't matter)

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
cvoight

Yes, it appears that the parameters that are causing problems are project parameters.

Would simply create "schedule" versions of the parameters I need then having the project parameters inherit this value fix the problem? Kind of a wonky workaround, though.

Message 6 of 7
CoreyDaun

Yes; if you were to add the Shared Parameters to all of the applicable Families and then remove the Project Parameter from the Project, the error message would cease. This might become a tedious task (an impossible one if scheduling System Families, i.e. Conduit, Ducts), but perhaps the process can be streamlined with the Add-In called Parameter Jerk, which is designed to add Shared Parameters to Revit Families en masse. There are other similar Add-Ins out there, but I don't use any of them so I cannot comment on a "best choice".

Message 7 of 7
cvoight

Thank you very much for your help, Corey!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report