Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Disk Full While Accessing" Error Message

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ArchInc00
18414 Views, 4 Replies

"Disk Full While Accessing" Error Message

Hi, 

We're getting an error message while trying to save to central- "Disk full while accessing filename_central.rvt"

Does anyone have an idea what this is from? I figure it's a space error, but the project is on a server which shouild have plenty of room. 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkitect28
in reply to: ArchInc00

How much space do you have on your local hard drive? Are you working in a large file all day without shutting down? What version of Revit are you on? How much memory do you have on your local machine and what are the virtual memory settings? If seems like I have had this before a long time ago when I would run out of memory on my local machine and there was no memory left to process or cache information. Remeber you are still caching all of data you open in all of those views on your local machine.

Josh Siddle

www.freelon.com

Message 3 of 5
steph
in reply to: ArchInc00

Did you check the memory on your C:drive, if it is full, the programme won't be able to talk to the server...if it makes sense

Message 4 of 5
RobDraw
in reply to: steph

This thread is over five years old and yes the problem was most likely due to not having enough empty space on the local machine.

Do you know why this would be the case for a model that is stored on a network?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 5
rkitect28
in reply to: RobDraw

Because you are caching a local copy on your computer when you open it. I
would clear out any temporary Revit files living on your computer if you
haven’t already to free up some space. Search the thread to find out how or
google where your Revit temp files live-depends on your version of Revit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report