Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proper snap

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
lucasdub
304 Views, 6 Replies

proper snap

I got large scale facade panels rotated and sloping (a bit Gehry-like style), so the slab shape differs from one storey to another. I'm trying to force Revit to snap to objects properly, so when I draw a slab, it snaps to an elevation panel, which has been cut at the proper height. I have set up the cutting plan level to be 0,0 relating to the current storey. Still Revit doesn't snap to the cut profile of the elevation wall/panel, thus the shape of the slab cannot be drawn accurately.
See attached .jpg for a graphical explanation.The desired snap points are market with purple circles on the plan and a section.

Any help much appreciated.

lucas
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
lucasdub
in reply to: lucasdub

The attached is the close up of the desired snap points. Rvt somehow does not see the cut profile of the external panel while snapping. The slab shape when drawn is completely inacurate.
Any ideas?
cheers

lucas
Message 3 of 7
sbrown

Just use the line tool within the floor sketch to draw them where you want them. How were the slabs created? I'm guessing a blend with a void and revit is having a hard time calculating the points.
Message 4 of 7
lucasdub

The slabs were created simply by sketching them in, but as Revit does not snap to the external wall/panel being cut horizontally at the slab level (0,0 of the current storey), the slab cannot be drawn accurately. It just can be so-so accurate, meaning -> INaccurate. Any ideas and/or workarounds (again and again...).
Do Revit software engineers get a glance at this forum at least once in a while? Hope they do

lucas
Message 5 of 7
sbrown

Go to augi, it is the real revit forum.
Message 6 of 7
sbrown

How were the walls made was my question?
Message 7 of 7
lucasdub

Don know if that matters so much, as Revit should snap to any surface remaning after the top bit is cut off. Unfortunately it snaps to the bottom of the object, that's located much further (lower) than the cut profile... Now ask autodesk engineers 'why?'.
The walls were created as an in-place wall by rotating an extruded mass object.
Is the Revit so hopeless or is it just me?
L

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report