Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

project location, relocation & level annotations

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jakesvj
244 Views, 4 Replies

project location, relocation & level annotations

Hi,
my problem is fairly simple and i'm sure has a simple solution.when using 'origin to origin' to link a dwg file, with the dwg origin not too far from revit origin, i find that the elevation level annotations disappear. basically everything is lost in space from view to view. extremely irritating.any advice appreciated.
thx
jakes
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jakesvj

There maybe something in the dwg file that is very far away. make sure you turn on all the layers of the dwg and zoom extents to verify it is "clean". If you have verified its clean, are you seeing it in plan when you import? You can just move your elevation markers so they are near your project location. Make sure you move the blue line that defines the location of the elevation too. then turn on crop region and crop down around your project area.
Message 3 of 5
jakesvj

thank you sdbrown.
when i import the dwg i see it fine in plan, although far from revit origin. i then move the elevation markers on plan to be in the correct position. then when i go to any elevation view, the geometry shows up but no elevation lines. no matter how much i zoom out, they are gone.

thanks again,
jakes
Message 4 of 5
Soulspace1

I have the same problem!

When I move the revit elev markers, and also check the the blue elevation extent lines have been adjusted, all the level lines have gone.

I open up the crop region completely and still cannot find them.

I have also discovered that it is not possible to add back in the levels lines of a floor that has already been defined. Revit will add a new floor instead.

Had anyone found a work-around to this problem?

Thanks

Paul
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

mmm, I have struck the same problem - my levels have apparently disappeared. Did you hear of a work around for this problem, or some way of resetting the extents of the levels?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report