Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan visbility

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
382 Views, 6 Replies

plan visbility

Hello,

I'm having problems seeing the walls I drew at the foundation (fondation) level in this project. The walls should be shown but I can't get to see them except in a 3d view. Also, when i intended to draw them, I think I should have done it from the foundation level plan but I could not set the plan view to see the above objects in order to draw from them. I drew it from another level and then I modified their base and top constraints afterwards..

I tried to modify the view range of the foundation level without succes..I'm sorry, the file was too large to upload..You can see a few screen captures

If anyone could help that'd be very appreciated!

Many thanks

Max

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

The foundation plan view needs to be set up with different settings of view range, because the default settings for a floor plan are those of a normal architectural layout, with the cut plane at 4 feet, etc...

This image provides an example of how to set up the view range of a foundation plan.

12-4-2012 5-59-48 PM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thank you for the prompt response!

Maybe I should have named this level differently but it is actually the basement and even with the same settings as yours, nothing shows in th plan view..

Many thx!

max

Message 4 of 7
Alfredo_Medina

Then, most likely, the issue does not have to do with view range, but something else... Visibility graphics? Filters? View discipline?... maybe one of the 33 reasons...

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you very much, I finally got it.

I appreciate your help!

Cheers

Max

Message 6 of 7
Alfredo_Medina

What was it? Please share, to give a good ending to the thread. 🙂

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Must have been one of th 33 reasons. I simply created a new level and that one worked out fine. I must have done something wrong when I set the first one...

If I find out I'll post it for sure!

thx

max

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report