Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help in Parameters explanations

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
ennujozlagam
461 Views, 10 Replies

need help in Parameters explanations

Hello Guys,

I used metric generic base.rft i created A trellis using extrusion when i load into my projects the dimensions in the ref. level doesnt change  when i edit in in properties "edit type " the total length not changing only the height of the trellis.

what could be the problem

Please see attached.

Thank you

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
CoreyDaun
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Can you attach your Family file here? Also, what version of Revit ar eyou using?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 11
ennujozlagam
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi Corey,

Thank you ver much for your reply. Im using Revit 2014. Is there any possibilty can teach me the procedure how to do it.

Please see attached.

Regards,

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 11

You have created one single extrusion that contains a great number of these rectangles, all in the same sketch. That is not going to work like an array, is that is your intention. The correct workflow is to make one item (one beam or column, post, whatever) as a family, and then nest that family into another family, and then in this host family, you make an array.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 11
ennujozlagam

Hi Alfredo,

thank you for your reply. It is not my intention to do that  i really dont know how to do it. I only want is to create a vertical trellis that i can load to my project and at the same time i can adjust the width, height etc in different locations. Any help and procedure you can give is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Message 6 of 11
ennujozlagam

Hi,

I tried everything i know but it doesnt work. I really dont know where is the mistakes procedure. Please help

File attached. 

Thank you.

Message 7 of 11

Instead of making this as a family, have you considered doing this in the project, with the Beam System tool? It's not available in Revit LT, but in the full Revit it is.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 8 of 11

Hi Alfredo,

I cannot do this in my project because of the reason that i have different type of trellis in length and height thats why im doing this in Family so that i can control the parametes. Is there anyway you can give me the procedure how to do it, maybe just a capture image if you dont mind. I need to this as soon as possible bcoz in need to submit my proposal tomorrow friday to the owner but until know i dont have any solution how im going to do this.

Thanks a lot for your time and help to those user who is struggle to learn Revit.

Message 9 of 11

The best tool for a trellis is the Beam System tool. After you create the trellis as beam system, each beam is still available for changes if you select it with the tab key.  I don't understand the reason for insisting on doing a trellis as a family, especially considering that you have a deadline, and that making this as a family requires experience with the family editor. Otherwise, it takes a long time to do, time that you can use for other tasks of the project.

9-18-2013 9-44-58 PM.jpg

Message 10 of 11

Hi Alfredo,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Is there anyway i can change the materials from steel to hard wood the size is 25x50x3000 for my trellis vertical and horizontal.

Thanks,

Message 11 of 11

You need to load a family from the folder of Structural framing > Wood, into your project, and make the beam system with that beam family.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report