Revit Architecture

helenakwit
Message 1 of 4 (339 Views)

need help, Revit won't work

339 Views, 3 Replies
12-02-2013 04:11 AM

I have trouble with with my student version of Revit 2014. I am using a Mac Book Pro, Retina Display, and therefore bootcamp and Windows 7. I managed to install Revit, but as soon as I open a project, I notice some flickering white spots in my bottom task bar. Now I can very slowly try to draw a wall for example, but eventually or when I try so save the project, Revit will stop working. All symbols fade to be grey and the window to save the project won't open. Now when I try to do anything else it won't work. Not even closing Revit. So I have to force it to shut down by using the task manager. 

- reinstall the program several times (Revit 2014 and 2013)
- reinstall Windows itself (Windows 7 and Windows 8.1)
- redo the bootcamp partition on my mac
- installed VM - Ware Fusion
- download and install all Windows Updates
- download and install all Revit Updates
- enable and disable the hardware acceleration (Revit, Option)

Do you have any experience with this problem or is there anything I can do?

Thanks, Helena

lmalladi
Message 2 of 4 (266 Views)

Re: need help, Revit won't work

01-20-2014 12:48 AM in reply to: helenakwit
I am facing the same problem! I don't have a bootcamp but I run revit on windows7 and parallels8. I notice the same flickering white spots in the bottom task bar. When I try to import or save the project, Revit stops working.
Please let me know if you have found any solution.
Thanks, Laasya
victormiz
Message 3 of 4 (204 Views)

02-20-2014 07:40 PM in reply to: lmalladi
Is there any update on this issue?
tjp012
Message 4 of 4 (137 Views)

03-20-2014 07:28 PM in reply to: helenakwit

I am having the same exact problem running Revit on my mac dual booted with Windows 8. The bottom task bar flickers and the program eventually stops working and I have to force quit. 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube