Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nVidia Geforce Graphics cards for Revit Arch.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
martin.mallon
4704 Views, 5 Replies

nVidia Geforce Graphics cards for Revit Arch.

I am about to purchase a new Dell Inspiropn 8GB memory 64bit laptop which comes with a 2 GB nVidia Geforce GT 650M 130W card.

I will be using Revit 2012 on this laptop and would like to know as this card does not appear on the Autodesk supported card listings (only nVidia Quadro cards there) will it be good enough to work on complex projects. Any advice appreciated.  

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
LisaDrago
in reply to: martin.mallon

Autodesk only tests certain vedio cards. Just beacuse a card does not show up on 'their' list does not mean it will not work. In fact my laptop video card NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M works perfectly (I am running Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2013 with Revit 2013) -but is not on their list.

That list has created more problems then it is worth.

AS long as you have enough ram and Ghz you shouhld be fine.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 6
martin.mallon
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thanks Lisa.

Message 4 of 6
usman_776
in reply to: martin.mallon

I have a 16GB RAM runnning a Nvidia GEFORCE GTX, intel core i7 on my laptop and revit is running so slow that i cant use it. im using revit 2015. any idea on how to make it run faster?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: usman_776

what is running slow?

have you turned off hardware accerleration in the options?

Message 6 of 6

Thing is it is 2017 and Autodesk hasn't tested yet the latest non-Quadro Pascal video cards even though they've shown a great improvement from previous GTX series. I wonder why. Not everyone can afford Quadro and that kind of information is required to make a smart buy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report