Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make grass in revit

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
76839 Views, 9 Replies

make grass in revit

Hey i have a topographic sufrace already made but i want to add grass how would i do that.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
AJA14
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

You can either use the subregion tool or the split surface. Subregion will take part of the region and allow you to give it a different material.

Regards,
Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: AJA14

how do I do that exactly I am teaching myself how to use revit so this is still kind of difficult for me
Message 4 of 10
AJA14

On the massing and site tab, select the subregion tool and select the topography.
Sketch the part that you want to make grass. Remember it has to be a closed region.
You can change the material before finishing the sketch or after.

Regards,
Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 5 of 10
Alisder.Brown

Hey

follow this process to change materials:

1. Select your topography
  2. In the properties pallet on the left, click inside the box for material where is will propabally say "<By default>"
  3. When you do, a button will appear inside the box, click it. This will open up the material browser
  4. Here you can choose from a massive database of materials to apply to your toposurface
  5. In the search box at the top of this window, search for Grass, select it and hit OK. This applys the material to your object (Personally i always use the material called "Hedge" as my grass, you tend to get a much better look from it)

If you do want to create a seperate area within your toposurface with a diferent material, follow the steps to create a sub region or split face in your toposurface in the previous post and follow the steps here to change the materials to w/e you wish

Hope this helps 🙂

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 6 of 10
moayad.baghdady

hey 

i didn't find it in the search box nither "grass" nor " hedge" what should i do ?

Message 7 of 10

Moayad

Make sure your "library" section is turned on in your material browser.

See the attached image. There should be two sections on the left and one on the right. (Loaded materials, Full  Material library and material properties.

By clicking the small box that is circled in red up top it should activate your materials library section if it is not already turned on. 

When you search for materials now, they will show up in the library window if they are not loaded into your curent project. Simply double click them in the library window (bottom left) and they will load into the project window (Top left). Now you can select the material and click OK. (make sure you do this step, you must load the material into the project this way to be able to use it)

Hope this helps

A

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

hi 

first of all thank you very much for answering me.

I have some questions as I am a beginner to use the Revit architecture'. I want to redesign my house as a project so I will start as below:_

1- I will roughly in dimensions draw the topsoil but in this case, I don't know should I use the boundary limits or still early and how to use it .

2- In the properties -phase created in front of phase created there is a choice called [new construction & existing] after I have seen several videos some of them change it to the choice existing and when they try to design the grass or hedge the colour and the materials only changed when I went back to the choice new construction this case also I couldn't understand it?

3- should I take into consideration the level of grass in touch with the underneath level of the concrete floor of my house to be 0.0 or it should be like [-4 inches][-100mm]? and when can I design the pavement or footpath around my house inside the property line or I must put in my mind that I cat go further than the property line.?.

If you can help me to understand the solution of these questions or send me one or two video links that might solve my questions.

Thank you very much

Message 9 of 10

Look for planting in the materials folder...it looks just like grass

Message 10 of 10
JavadHamidi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report