Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lock size of dimension and text

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
FabianVergoteVKAE
1129 Views, 8 Replies

lock size of dimension and text

Hi,

Im new here and i am wondering if it is possible to lock the size of text. So setting the scale 1/50 to 1/100 doesnt have effect on it

thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: FabianVergoteVKAE

The text size change is intentional. The size is changeing related to the
plotted size of the view. Text is assumed to remain at a constant PLOTTED
size, so when you change the scale of the view annotation objects wil change
in relation to the new scale. This is a key concept to understand when
working with Revit.

--
--
Jeff Hanson
Autodesk - AEC Technical Publications
Manchester, NH
wrote in message news:5855797@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hi,

Im new here and i am wondering if it is possible to lock the size of text.
So setting the scale 1/50 to 1/100 doesnt have effect on it

thanks
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

There is no need to lock the size. Dimensions and text automatically adjust
to the scale so that when placed on a sheet all dimensions and text are the
same size regardless of scale.
Hi,

thanks
Message 4 of 9
mmates

Aside from what Jeff and CDV stated, there is a Model Text command in the
Modeling tab of the Design Bar that does not scale with the view. This is
meant for items like signage.
--
Mark Mates
www.prosoftnet.com

Hi,

thanks
Message 5 of 9
hicks
in reply to: mmates

I do think there is a need to lock annotation size from scaling in views. If you want to create a plan sketch for an RFI, you could duplicate a plan view with detailing and then place the view scaled down on a letter size sheet at NTS (custom scale), the annotation will now look too large. We used the Revit Extension "Freeze Drawings" to create a view we could scale all elements, including annotation, it worked well until Autodesk took it away in Revit Extensions 2017. Why?
Message 6 of 9
chrisplyler
in reply to: hicks

For RFI usage, I'll just zoom in as I like to the appropriate area, and print to an 8.5x11 PDF using the Visible Portion of Current Window and Fit to Page options. I never re-scale anything for that purpose.

Message 7 of 9
hicks
in reply to: chrisplyler

Thank you for your suggestion, we like most do that for simple communication and log it, however our project standards for this are a little more formal. How would you save the visible portion of a view (print process) without cropping it to fit and place properly on an 8.5x11 sheet with titleblock to keep in the project model for record? Again, why would Autodesk remove "Freeze Drawings" from Revit Extensions 2017? If you could Pin/Lock the annotation size as well as location that would be nice, perhaps something like locking a 3D view to place annotation.
Message 8 of 9
chrisplyler
in reply to: hicks

Yeah, that would be a nice feature I guess. But I'm not Autodesk and so I can't answer why they would remove it.

I wouldn't do what you ask anyway, myself. I don't think the model file is the proper place to keep post-contract, administrative documentation such as RFIs and COs and such.

It would be nice to shrink or expand a particular view to fit a particular Revit Sheet without actually changing it's official Scale...just a percent-zoom feature or something. But even so I wouldn't care about keeping it in the model. Revit isn't anywhere close to being a full project management solution on its own, and I wouldn't attempt to use it as such or even attempt any of those requirements within it.

Message 9 of 9
hicks
in reply to: chrisplyler

I guess I'm just bummed that they took Freeze Drawings away in 2017. We don't use Revit for administration other than to store the original ASK sketch where it was created, we use Newforma. The RFI, CCO, etc. are just examples how we use Freeze Drawings. I was hoping Autodesk would chime in and let us know why they took it away, perhaps they don't own the source code in the extension or something else is about to replace/supersede it at a cost like perhaps Autodesk Remote now discontinued (basically free until June 22) with subscription fee based stuff like A360 Collaboration for Revit. Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report