Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linked CAD linework

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ledgewood33
339 Views, 3 Replies

linked CAD linework

I am having trouble with the linework reading properly. I link a CAD dwg. to my revit model and once its in my model the linework doesnt read as it does in autocad. I have dashed or hidden lines in my CAD plan and once I link it in revit they show up as solid. I am thinking it has something to do with the LTscale in autocad?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AJA14
in reply to: ledgewood33

Hi,

In reality, it has to do with the linetype itself. Lines in autocad are drawin in mm and the patterns are created to correspond to certain scales. For example, a hidden line used in a scale of 1/100 will have a dash and space of around 200 mm to correspond to 2 mm on paper. When you bring this line into revit, you will only see the solid line. It is best to have the proper lines types in revit and map you cad lines to the corresponding revit lines.

Regards,
Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 4
ledgewood33
in reply to: AJA14

thanks for responding. I am not sure if I follow when you say "It is best to have the proper lines types in revit and map you cad lines to the corresponding revit lines."

Message 4 of 4
AJA14
in reply to: ledgewood33

Hi,

Well, there is no way to tell revit which lines to directly get mapped with which, so it is done manually. You have the proper linetypes in revit. After importing the cad files, choose the lines and convert them to the correct linetypes. You could use filters to help with your selection but make sure they are all in the same drafting view, otherwise you will end up having to clean up in every single view.

Some people create linestyles in revit that have the same name as autocad. This eases the problem.

Regards,
Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report