Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line subcategory options

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kwg06516
16340 Views, 3 Replies

line subcategory options

I'm often frustrated by a limited selection of linetypes when editing families prepared by others.

For example, someone in their infinite wisdom decided to make the outline of a nominal wood section thicker than any other detail componnent line in the library, thicker than I would use for a heavy concrete section, rebar thick.  When I tried to change it in the family editor I was given a set of options all of which are either 0 thickness or the heavy line I do not want.  

I run into this a lot and usually the line I want is absent.  There is also no overide available.  Is there a way to add lines to this list?  

whysodense.PNG

AutoCAD 2010

AutoCAD 2015

Revit 2015

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: kwg06516

Those are actually Subcategories; Line Styles only exist within the Project. You can add/modify the available Subcategories by going to Manage tab » Object Styles, and using the tools towards the bottom under 'Modify Subcategories'.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
kwg06516

Is there a way to take back a solution?  Too late.

Part of the problem remains unsolved.  I changed the heavy lines to a lighter lineweight as you instructed.  Worked fine.

But when I edited another detail item, a channel where the lines are too light, same category (detail items), there is no heavy line option in that pull down list to make a match.

AutoCAD 2010

AutoCAD 2015

Revit 2015

Message 4 of 4
damo3

You need to create the linestyle, same name and adjust the object styles as desired. Also, if the family already exists in the project, and you change the pen settings in the family. when you load the updated family into the project, it will not update. You will have to go the project object styles, find the line-type and update the pen setting here. Take caution when creating subcategories line styles, spelling and case must be identical, or it will create excess subcategories and make these things harder to work with in the project. hope it helps.

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report