Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

levels missing

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
24016 Views, 24 Replies

levels missing

Hi, 

Hoping you can help. I am missing some level anotations on my sections and elevations. Only one is showing up and I have several plan views. 

I have tried propagate extents and maximize 3d extents and stretch out clip range of section to take up entire building. any ideas?

Thanks

Eoghan

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Could you please post a purged RVT file for testing?

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous

Hi,

In section & elevation view just go to "Vigibility Graphics". Go to "Annotation Category" and activate the level. I think it is off in your model views. Otherwise go to plan view and make a section line horizontally and vertically all through. Then go to view and check it out. If there is any discrepancy in levels then you will understand what is the exact problem. If there is any query about this then pls send msg to me.

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

Kolkata

India

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous

Hi Subhra, 

thanks for reply, 

levels are turned on in vg, i have cut a section the whole way through and again, only 2 levels from 10 show up. 

Im not permitted to post models, thanks

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous

Your level lines are not in view range of Elevation or Section. Within Revit, go to ‘View’ panel and create ‘Scope Box’ around your model. Now select one visible level line and type command ‘SA’ (select all instance) in the command prompt. After that your all 10 level lines will be selected. Now on the left hand side of Revit window (properties), select scope box which you have drawn in the plan view. As a result, all your levels will be controlled by the scope box.  Now check the levels in Elevation and Section views.

Note: The size of the Scope box must be bigger than the overall size of your building.

scope box.png

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous

thanks for the help tesla,

tried that, selected all instances and selected the scope box,

and still it only maximizes the visible levels to the scope box, but doesnt make the rest appear.

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous

Hi,

I think your levels are parmanently hide in view. just click on "Reveal Hidden Elements" then you can see the levels. Select them and unhide them.

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

kolkata

India

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous

Increase the size of the scope box (at least double of the current size) and follow the same procedure.

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous

Thanks, but i increased scope box to 500 times the size, and still no sign, even when revela hidden is on. i will try strip down model and attach it

Message 10 of 25
Anonymous

Thanks, but i increased scope box to 500 times the size, and still no sign, even when revela hidden is on. i will try strip down model and attach it

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous

Message 12 of 25
ToanDN

Do you have worksets? Do you see the levels from other elevations?
Message 13 of 25
gustavomello
in reply to: ToanDN

I can see a copy monitor icon on one of your screen captures and only three levels selected on other. Is it possible your levels are in a linked model and are disabled in VG | revit links? Maybe there are only 3 levels on your host project which are the ones you see.

Gustavo

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: gustavomello

yes, Im not the original author of the model, but perhaps the floors were copy / monitored from the architects model which brought the floorplan views into the project browser, but not the levels on the elevations, which is odd. As you can see here, the architects levels are visible when i reload their model, but in VG under revit links and just under annotation categories in host model, levels are turned on. so when i unload model, they disappear, and the floor plan views are still visible as you can see in the project browser.  There were issues with shared co-ordinates so when we originally linked in the architects model, it came in, about 500m away, so maybe this has something to do with it. 

Message 15 of 25
gustavomello

If you want the levels of the linked model on your model you have to copy monitor them. Copy monitor of the floors doesn't bring the levels with them. Don't know if i misunderstood what you have said but it seems to me the issue is you don´t have the right levels on your host file.

Gustavo

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous

Select any one level which is visible in your elevation. Now type command ‘SA’ (select all instance), then open filter. Now send me the screen shot.

levels.png

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous

Hi eoghanharris, I have studied your snap shot, but the problem is still not clear to me. If you can email me your project file (.rvt format) by removing your confidential information at projects@teslaoutsourcingservices.com then, I can review your project in detail and try to solve your problem.

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous

ok, thanks, , model sent
Message 20 of 25
ennujozlagam

hi,

have you try this, Please see attached.

shalom...

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report