Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keynote questions

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
jdcho
4710 Views, 10 Replies

keynote questions

couple of questions on keynotes ...

1.  can you copy key notes ???  everytime I try to copy one, it says "Can't find new element to tag.  Tag won't be copied."

2.  can you place more than one leader to a keynote without making another and placing it on top of each other?

thanks in advance for any help.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
vector2
in reply to: jdcho

@jdcho wrote:

can you copy key notes ???   

Select it> Copy to Clipboard> Paste> click where you want it.

Message 3 of 11
jdcho
in reply to: vector2

Tried what you said and wouldn't copy ... said "The selection can't be pasted because it is not visible in this view."  but it is visible ... I'm wondering since the keynote is tagged to an element, why can't you copy the same keynote to the same element ... i.e. plumbing fixtures?

Message 4 of 11
CoreyDaun

@jdcho wrote:

1.  can you copy key notes ???  everytime I try to copy one, it says "Can't find new element to tag.  Tag won't be copied."

You can copy any kind of Tag, but I believe that there is an invisible point that a Tag has that must fall upon the new element. I typically create a new Tag, unless the elements are of the same family, in which case I copy from one to the next using an endpoint as a consistent base point.

@jdcho wrote:

2.  can you place more than one leader to a keynote without making another and placing it on top of each other? 

Tags are not capable of that, yet. It would be nice, though.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 11
loboarch
in reply to: CoreyDaun

CADastrophe's answer is correct.  To expand on this a bit a keynote tag is associated with an element the value in the keynote is resolved based on properties of the element (this is actually true for any kind of tag in Revit).  So the act of making a copy is not so straight forward.  The copied keynote needs to know what new object it is suppoed to use to resolve the values.  revit does not have a method for allowing you to pick a new object.  Placing a new keynote is the workflow.  You could use a keyboard shortcut to place a new keynote to perhaps speed up the process.

The second question you had about adding leaders to the keynote is somewhat related to the first question.  Since the keynote resolves based on the element it is tagging, it really only wants to point to ONE element.  What should the keynote do if the 2 leaders were pointing to 2 different elements which are supposed to have different values?  I do understand in most situations you are intending to point to the same kind of element, but things happen and revit would need a method to handle the condition.  Currently it does not, so you are limited to one leader.  Additional leaders could be drawn with lines if needed. 

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 6 of 11
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: loboarch

About the second question, you could add a keynote to the second object, and put the keynote tag on top of the first keynote tag. This will not have any negative effect in keynote legends or schedules. In this image, there are really two keynotes, overlapping.

keynotes.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 11
loboarch
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

That works better than adding lines.

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 8 of 11
jcfranchevich

Press down Ctrl key and drag the key note and then Bingo!

Message 9 of 11

@jcfranchevich wrote:

Amazing that I am just finding out about this now. Thanks!

Message 10 of 11
loboarch
in reply to: bmillerponcho

@bmillerponcho wrote:

@jcfranchevich wrote:

Amazing that I am just finding out about this now. Thanks!

Ctrl + drag works to copy lots of different elements, not just keynotes.

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 11 of 11
bmillerponcho
in reply to: loboarch

Ctrl + drag works to copy lots of different elements, not just keynotes.

As I have just discovered! Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report