Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invisible cad link

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3948 Views, 6 Replies

invisible cad link

Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone can help. I've installed my student license of revit 2013 and have Autocad 2013. When I try to link a cad drawing into revit nothing appears. When I try again I receive a message that says "at least one instance of this link already exists. It could be invisible because the link is unloaded. Continuing will create a new instance for this link and reload it. Do you want to continue?". No matter what I try, I can't seem to make the cad drawing visible in revit. Any suggestions?
Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

1. check the  ID  (X,Y ) of a point from your CAD drawing. It is possible to be a big value , thousands of units....If so, move the entire drawing to absolute origin (0,0,0) and then insert it again into Revit
  2. check the range value of the view to control the Z . In Site View ,you can increase the range (Top and View Depth) .

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

I've tried moving the drawing, saved it under a new drawing with only the floor plan. I am wondering if it has something to do with my graphics on this computer. Even when going to draw a wall in Revit it is invisible but if I tell Revit to render the walls appear in a rendering but not 2D or 3D view. I have never had these issues before and I am stumped.

Message 4 of 7
subhra_civil

Hi,

Do one thing. I am sending you a image file regarding this matter. Please try to follow this. I think you will be able to visible the cad link file in your Revit Project.

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

Kolkata

India

Message 5 of 7
Radioaltivo
in reply to: subhra_civil

Have you checked if the VG option isn't turned off? also, make sure the view is NOT cropped and use a ZE to see if the CAD is not FAR, FAR away. Also, make sure the scale in CAD is the right one when inserting. In my experience, "auto-detect" doesn't work, so check your AutoCAD units and select them when inserting.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

So it turns out my graphics aren't strong enough on my work computer.

Message 7 of 7
mcernello

I've just struggled with this problem for the last hour. 99% chance it is a unit issue. Auto detect units generally doesn't work in Revit. Try changing the import units.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report