Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

input units: Feet to inches

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
MShelp19
1542 Views, 2 Replies

input units: Feet to inches

Hi all, When drawing using imperial units in Revit, it of course interprets values you input as feet until you press " to let it know you mean inches. As I am constantly going between Revit and AutoCAD, which does the opposite, I keep missing the " out of habit and wasting time repeating everything. My question is, is there a way to change the input from feet to inches so I can move more seamlessly between the two programs? Thanks, Matt S
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: MShelp19

After you configure the units to inches, you won't need to type the quote " for inches. Actually, when you are using feet and inches, you can type 8 6 and that means 8'-6".

For more information on what you need, please visit this other thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-Architecture/Distance-Input/m-p/4835125#M76188

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
MShelp19
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thank you sir.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report