Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

??? in the project browser

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dgizzim0
275 Views, 2 Replies

??? in the project browser

For many years now, I've been wondering how to remove the ??? in the project browser and replace it with a real name? (what is it, why does it show up, why can't I alter this, what do I do wrong, etc...) Please see attachment.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dgizzim0

The "???" in the Project Browser occurs as a result of the Browser Organization and a null value. When a View does not have a value for a parameter that is being referenced by the Browser Organization, it will be sorted under "???".

For example, you are sorting your Views by Discipline and then by a custom Project Parameter called "Author". If one of your Views is set to the Coordination Discipline it will fall under that listing, followed by the sub-listing of "Author". If the View had no entry for "Author", it would be listed under "???".

To check or modify your Browser Organization, click on "Views" at the Top of the Project Browser, right-click, select "Type Properties...", then click "Folders".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
dgizzim0
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks, you helped me figure my sorting dilemma. My third sort parameter was set to sheet name. Since these are not on sheets, then it was null. I changed the third sort to family and that not only took care of the ??? but added more order to my bbrowser.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report