Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing third dwg places me really far away

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
amontri
1147 Views, 7 Replies

importing third dwg places me really far away

I've imported ground floor, then first floor dwg file, but when I tried to import the second floor and then try to center using the double middle click, i get zoomed way out and see FOUR tiny tiny dots.  How can I get my file to just be placed where my model is?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
LisaDrago
in reply to: amontri

How are you bringing them in?

Are you using the  Auto settings?

You could place them manually.

Once you have them placed - you can line them up with the existing model you have or you can underlay them and line them up with the floor below or even use a reference plane to snap to.

So several way to bring them in and place them.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 8
amontri
in reply to: LisaDrago

I tried using all the ways to bring them in, also Manual-Center, but it still does it....
Message 4 of 8
LisaDrago

Is there something in the AutoCAD file that is out in space? Something small like a node or something?

Can you post an image of what you are getting?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 5 of 8
amontri

Thanks! There's definitely something going on with my dwg. My image looks like a blank white window, but when I zoom all the way in on one of the dots, then it's the model, or the floor plan, or remnants of the dwg that I couldn't manage to remove ..... that's probably my issue. But is there a way to just place the floorplan where I want even if I have random things outside?
Message 6 of 8
LisaDrago

Ahh.. That would cause some issues...

Yes you should be able to place the dwg in the model, then move it to where you need it to be. Then you can crop the view to show just the model.

Does that make sense?

Actually now that i think of it - Revit used to have a 2 mile limit.. not sure if that is still in affect or not.. any anything beyond 2 mile distance could not be used.

LD

Message 7 of 8
amontri

Thanks. I will try that. My problem is that I end up losing where the model is when I do have a hold of the floor plan, but.... I will try the cropping thing, too. And also, figure out how to clean my dwg file a little better! 🙂
Message 8 of 8
LisaDrago

Cleaning the file would probably help a bit...

Any other questions - don't hesitate to ask!

Have a great day!

LD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report