Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nsgarrod
161 Views, 2 Replies

importing problem

I am trying to import my project from Architectural Desktop onto Revit. My problem is that Revit does not recognize each layer. When I try to select just one thing, it selects the whole project. Is there a way that I can fix this, or should I import it into VIZ?
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: nsgarrod

It does recognize each layer... Look at your visibility graphics dialog - you will see a layer control for each object. Drawing in ADT and presenting in Revit? "nsgarrod" wrote in message news:20515344.1100090784130.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am trying to import my project from Architectural Desktop onto Revit. My problem is that Revit does not recognize each layer. When I try to select just one thing, it selects the whole project. Is there a way that I can fix this, or should I import it into VIZ? > Thanks
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: nsgarrod

Once 'imported', the DWG will be like a block in Revit. You will have to explode the imported DWG in Revit to select an individual item. Although exploding large imported DWGs is not recommended. Do as Aaron said, and go to View>Visibility>Imported and there you will have layer control to turn layers on or off. "nsgarrod" wrote in message news:20515344.1100090784130.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am trying to import my project from Architectural Desktop onto Revit. My problem is that Revit does not recognize each layer. When I try to select just one thing, it selects the whole project. Is there a way that I can fix this, or should I import it into VIZ? > Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report