Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to parametrize text tab length

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ricardomejia71
530 Views, 3 Replies

how to parametrize text tab length

hi experts, i´ve been trying to parametrize the length of the text tab so i could make my own chart for carpentry specifications... 

i´ll attach a photo of the chart so you could have better idea of what i mean.   inthis chart i made a parameter to change the dimensions of the "DESCRIPCION" space, in there i need an editable text to write my descriptions, and i can´t find a way  to make the tab of this text change alingned with my "DESCRIPCION" space.

i´d really appreciate your help

sorry about my pour english.  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Use a key schedule. Please see this other thread for more info:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-Architecture/Managing-the-width-of-text-parameter-entries/m-p/48...

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4

I appreciate your help Alfredo, but it´s not exactly what i´m looking for…  what if I want to place 10 of this schedules with different data in the same sheet? And what if I want to create 10 sheets with 10 charts each?  What if I want this in 10 different projects?  Will I have to create hundreds of schedules?   It´s not how BIM should work for me, the reason i´m creating this chart is not to create one by one when I need them.   Any ideas? Thanks a lot…

Message 4 of 4

Use key schedules, or in this case, maybe a schedule of casework, duplicate it as many times as needed, and place it on as many sheets as you want. That would be a lot faster than trying to create an annotation family that mimics a schedule.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report