Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to calculate the surface area?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
mattlee1111
14677 Views, 11 Replies

how to calculate the surface area?

how to calculate the surface area, I had uploaded the attachment file,TKS!!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Paint the visible surfaces with a material. Then, create a Material Take-off schedule. See illustration.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 12

how to create "Take-off schedule"?

can you give me more detail information, TKS!!

Message 4 of 12

thanks for your comment

Actually, the main purpose is calculation the lateral of column surface area...

TKS!

Message 5 of 12

For more information about take-off schedules, check Revit help documents:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2012/Help/Revit_User's_Guide/1394-Document1394/1476-Schedule1...

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I wold like to do a schedulle that takes the actual visible surface of concrete elements (columns, beams and slabs) and i´ve tried the material takeoff schedulle but i find that metod inacurate because it dont discard the areas that are covered by other elementsCaptura.PNG

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried Roombook extension for Revit?
Message 8 of 12
mattlee1111

I will try it,Thank you ~

Message 9 of 12
rand159
in reply to: mattlee1111

Hi - 

did the command work for you? I tried it and it does not give me the touching face areas.

Message 10 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: rand159

@rand159

@Alfredo_Medina already gave a solution:  paint the visible surfaces with unique materials and create a Material Take-off schedule.

Another way around if you don't want to affect the original materials of the exposed surfaces is paint the touching surfaces with an unique material and subtract its area from the overall surface area.  You need to employ element isolation thoroughly to accomplish this task.

Both ways are doable but time consuming nonetheless.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: mattlee1111

hi

firstly i also find it difficult to find out the exact paint area for wall surface and beam bcoz in revit paint also goes into wraping and leads to increase in area.

so here is the solution - first you have to export that file into skp ( through cad export) and then in sketchup explode every group. Then select all faces and intersect the face with selection and save it .

At last, open the revit and go to in place mass (massing & site) and import that skp file. now just make the model again  -wall & floor by face by taking width 1mm.

now, if you make schedule of wall and floor exact area will come.

the difference is after skp if use paint also it will only come the face you select ; now it wont cover the wraping part of floor.

1.png2.png3.pngimport the skp in massing & site (in place mass)

4.png5.pngtake the wall thickness as 1mm so that exact area came8.png

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

yea you right ! it works ! .... really helpful ; got the exact area 

but we have to export cad in lower version to import that into skp & also there is no need of intersecting faces 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report