Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hide walls in printing sections

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mthemelis
280 Views, 3 Replies

hide walls in printing sections

i hide a wall in a section view and when i print the view the wall is there.
what am i doing wrong?

thanks in advance
mike
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mthemelis

From the documentation... -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Print command prints the current window, a visible portion of the current window, or selected views and sheets. When printing in Autodesk® Revit®, the output is "What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG)."; there are a few exceptions, however: a.. Regardless of what color you have for a background on screen, the background color on the print job is always white. a.. By default, reference planes, work planes, crop boundaries, and scope boxes do not print, even if they are visible in the view. You can print them by clearing the Hide check boxes in the Print Setup dialog box. b.. Elements that have been hidden from a view using the Temporary Hide/Isolate command still print. a.. Line weights modified by the Thin Lines command still print at their default line weight rather than the thin line weight. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... it is working as designed. If you want those elements removed from the view for printing purposes, you need to manage them some other way... like delete them, print, then "undo" to undelete them. -- Regards, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc Client Support Manager - Revit "mthemelis" wrote in message news:29416285.1094859508645.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > i hide a wall in a section view and when i print the view the wall is there. > what am i doing wrong? > > thanks in advance > mike
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

also moving them to another phase might give you what you want.. "Steve Burri" schreef in bericht news:41425c70_3@newsprd01... From the documentation... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Print command prints the current window, a visible portion of the current window, or selected views and sheets. When printing in Autodesk® Revit®, the output is "What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG)."; there are a few exceptions, however: a.. Regardless of what color you have for a background on screen, the background color on the print job is always white. a.. By default, reference planes, work planes, crop boundaries, and scope boxes do not print, even if they are visible in the view. You can print them by clearing the Hide check boxes in the Print Setup dialog box. b.. Elements that have been hidden from a view using the Temporary Hide/Isolate command still print. a.. Line weights modified by the Thin Lines command still print at their default line weight rather than the thin line weight. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ... it is working as designed. If you want those elements removed from the view for printing purposes, you need to manage them some other way... like delete them, print, then "undo" to undelete them. -- Regards, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc Client Support Manager - Revit "mthemelis" wrote in message news:29416285.1094859508645.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > i hide a wall in a section view and when i print the view the wall is there. > what am i doing wrong? > > thanks in advance > mike
Message 4 of 4
mthemelis

ok, thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report