Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

formula in schedules

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
485 Views, 2 Replies

formula in schedules

I have a wishlist item for Revit.  Please make your schedules with more of the functionality that Excel has. 

I have the following situation.  I want a cell in my schedule that will have a formula in it.  I want the cell to show the answer to the formula.  But when you click on the cell, I would like it to show the numbers that were added together to get that answer.  Is there any way I could trick Revit into showing me the information in the cell the way I described?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

It is similar. In Excel, if you create a formula in a certan cell, such as C:1 to do something like  A:1 * B:1, then result is shown in C:1 . But if you click on C:1, the formula still shows A:1 * B:1 . It does not show you the actual numbers being added, does it? Unless there is a special feature to do that, this has been the default behaviour. Well, it's similar in Revit. If you have a column named "X" with a value of 10 and a column named "Y" with a value of  300, you can create a calculated valued named "Z" whose formula is "X * Y". and it will show in the schedule the result of 10 times 300, but if you go to edit the calculated value to see the formula  it will always show "X * Y" , not 100 * 300. To see where the result came from, we look at the schedule.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hello Alfred,
You are, of course correct.  However, I do not want to add one column to another.   I suspect I have not completely expressed the situation I am attempting to capture.   In Excel, if you have 3 addends that obtain a particular answer (example =3+5+2), you will see only the answer (10) in the cell.  And when you click on the cell, you can see the three separate addends (=3+5+2) that made that answer.  Not so with Revit.  With Revit, you can input the 3+5+2 for a cell but when you click out of the cell and then back into it, you will only see the answer, not the addends that created that answer.  I am a Revit proponent.  I enjoy the many things it can do as in opposed to AutoCAD Architecture and certainly AutoCAD Architecture cannot manage this feat either.  So it may just remain a wishlist item.

Thank you for your response.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report