Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extruded walls will not host windows

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
junglett
491 Views, 4 Replies

extruded walls will not host windows

I have made an extruded wall and when I attempt to add a window I get this warning.

None of the created elements are visible in Structural Plan: Erdgeschoss View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings.

What am I doing wrong, please help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AJA14
in reply to: junglett

Hi.

Windows do not appear in structural plans.

I think you have started with a structural template. 

Anyways, in the view instance properties, change the discipline to architectural and see if the windows appear.

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 5

go in elevation view or look in Properties ....perhaps the wall  is somewhere at a very low level and the window that you try to insert is above the wall top level...it doesn't matter it is a structural wall

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 4 of 5

Thanks I think I am having issues with the view range. Does anyone have suggestions on what I should set what at. 

Message 5 of 5

The Cut Plane of Levels is by default 1.20 meters (see it in Properties> View Range)

When you insert a window look first in Properties to see the predifined Sill Height from Constaints. If the sill height is greater then 1.20 then the window is not cuted and it will not appear in your plan.

You have then two metods to show the window:

• One is to change the overall Cut Height (from Properties> View Range 
  • The second one  is to do it localy -  create a Plan Region : View>Plan Views>Plan Region...draw a polyline arond the area in wich you want to change the height of the cut plane. Click ok to accept. select. A dashed border appears. Select it and in Properties > View Range>Edit ...change the cut plane to a higher level.....the dashed border does not print...

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report