Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export to NWC - "not responding"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
675 Views, 3 Replies

export to NWC - "not responding"

I have a larger Revit file that has linked in models (mutiple buildings - each bldg is its own model)

I need a COMPLETE file for Navisworks...

When I go to Revit, and try to export to NWC file, it starts the export process... about 40 minutes in (YES, 40 mins, it just loads and loads and loads) I will get an error message that "Revit has stopped responding"

This is now the 3rd time today I have tried this with no success. I also tried loading into Navisworks directly (Nav 2013) but will not read the files properly and bring them in together.

I know Revit 2012 is capable of exporting linked models to a single NWC file... however my computer does't seem to like it. I even just sat and read a book and did not internet serach or running any other programs at the time....

I NEED THIS TO WORK

exporting each individual Revit model to NWC and recompling them in Navisworks IS NOT AN OPTION, so please do not suggest that, as I am well aware of that option.

I need to export this large linked Revit file as ONE nwc file.. I know it CAN be done...

My laptop is fairly newer and has like 8gb of ram, so that shouldn't be the problem, is it?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Depending on how large all the files are, you could try Binding them together and then exporting to NW.

But your laptop with 8GB probably won't cut it.

Message 3 of 4
parveen.revit

is it possible to use a better machine (with more RAM) from other colleagues or friends ?

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I have had the exact experience, and I've never been able to export NWC with linked Revit model, ever.  I'm working in pretty much empty host Revit model. (2012) with 20+ linked Revit model.   Obviously I don't have all the linked Revit model loaded at once.  Typically its 3-4 loaded at once.  BUT I can't export  to NWC with only one linked Revit model loaded.   The export process gets to about 5% or so then goes back to 1 to 2 % and repeats over and over.    I've set all my export options properly.    I haven't tried with Revit 2013.   Hopefully it actually works!

NWC Export Options.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report