Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export level

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
crn
451 Views, 4 Replies

export level

hi,

i'm wondering if it's possible to export the revit-model based on levels (so i get separated 3D dwg-files for each level, which contains all the objects that is represented on that level).

the goal is to be able to send these separated files (1st floor.dwg, 2nd floor.dwg etc.) to the engineers, who then can put them together in their software as they see fit.

thanks in advance,
cheers
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
melarch
in reply to: crn

Is the software they are using able to work with 3D imported DWG and if so does the software require a solid model or will a surfaced model work with their software for what ever analysis or simulation it performs.

You can use a 3D section box (see HELP) to create a section in a 3D view of the model both horizontally and vertically cut sections. This exports out to DWG as a 3D surfaced model not solid model of the actual 3D model as cut by the section box.

Mel Persin, aia
Message 3 of 5
crn

it's actually not that important, whether it's surfaces og solids. they just need to place their ventilation-pipes, plumbing etc., according to the wall-, floor- and roof-geometry.

is it then possible to align 3d section box to the level, for example, to make sure i export the very same thing every time?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Yes dupilcate a view call it level XX Export,
make all the changes to those views by setting them up the way you want,
use those views when you export and continue to do your work in your other
views. I typically, create separate views for Sheets, Work and Export.  The
do my work in the work views and use the sheet views to place on my sheets and
the export views for exporting out for consultants.  

style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
it's
actually not that important, whether it's surfaces og solids. they just need
to place their ventilation-pipes, plumbing etc., according to the wall-,
floor- and roof-geometry. is it then possible to align 3d section box to the
level, for example, to make sure i export the very same thing every
time?
Message 5 of 5
crn

ofcourse, thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report