Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error when synchronizing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jledgewood33
521 Views, 6 Replies

error when synchronizing

when I am trying to synchronizing to central I get a message twice saying "inches to the fourth power." then another message saying "file not saved."

so then I find myself having to exit revit and start over with a new local file.

I did notice that when one person had a view or sheet open that I needed to work on that is when the error came up the most. so when the three of us would complete a task we would have to synchronize right after that task e.g. if I had several lights to place on the RCP I would place one light and synchronize and then place another light and synchronize. If I tried to do too much or waited too long to synchronize the error would come up.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jledgewood33

This error can mean a couple of things:

1. The disk is full or write-protected (check amount of free space on the drive you are saving to.)

2. There is a failure in network connectivity while saving.

Check your network adapters / ipconfig for all users, and make sure they are connected to the server.

Message 3 of 7
jledgewood33
in reply to: Anonymous

I dont believe its a space issue. our central file is on a server and there are plenty of TB avaliable on the server.

we had our IT guy look into the server for connections. he did what he does and restarted the server.

we are still having the same problem

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Sounds like you have some "stale" local copies, and/or Worksets which are not being relinquished.

Message 5 of 7
jledgewood33

I am not familiar with those terms, "stale" local copies, and/or Worksets which are not being relinquished.

do have any suggestions on how to resolve the issue?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

A Stale local is one that has gotten "out-of synch" with the Central file. The best way to resolve it is to delete the local file, open the Central, and check "create new local", then STC.

Worksets are relinquished when STC, check all relinquish workset boxes in the Synch to Central dialogue box.

You might check this post as well:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/Inches-to-the-fourth-power/m-p/3510674/hig...

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I have encountered this same issue. However I have tried copying the file to my desktop and with 110GB of free space I am still unable to open this 28MB file. The file is not "Workshared" so Worksets are not an issue. Any ideas?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report