Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

erratic topography

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Dogod
578 Views, 10 Replies

erratic topography

Hello everyone:

You see, when you import the CAD attached and generate the topographic surface in Revit, I miss erratically, with peaks like Mount Everest.

How to fix that?

thanks
topo er.png

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
AJA14
in reply to: Dogod

Hi,

I think you need to get rid of the erratic points in autocad first. Those are the purple points at the heels of your mountain. Delete them and try again.

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 11
Dogod
in reply to: AJA14

Hi, thanks for replying:

But I have two questions:

First, if I delete certain points and contours do not lose information topography?

Furthermore, Autocad have different color lines and points.

Could you look at the file and give me some light, if not much to ask?

thanks

If you notice, the relief does not generate upwards ie leaves contours, flat.

Message 4 of 11
Dogod

I've done what you indicate me and the problem persists,

It might be solved if the surveyor gives me a new, clean file?

thanks
Message 5 of 11
AJA14

Hi,

Please post your file and we could take a look at it.

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 6 of 11
Dogod

Hello,

this is the file: Topo 1

Under other, which generates the surface properly, for you to compare.

thanks

Message 7 of 11
Dogod

Hello, is already posted below

Thank you!
Message 8 of 11
Alisder.Brown

You only need the 3 layers your contour lines are done on, everything else can be removed.

Personally, i always spend 2 minutes cleaning the CAD file before use, check what layers your topo info is on and they are the only layers you need. In this case, the only layers you need are [Top], [Top1] & [TopCEI] you can delete everything else and save as a new dwg file. Make sure you remove the stray line you have floating around randomly.

Once you have linked the clean file into Revit, only select they 3 layers to generate the topo and you will have a topography. Works perfect for me with your file. See attached 

🙂

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 9 of 11
Dogod
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

Hi, thanks for your answer:

I was able to generate good surface, thanks to your instructions, but I do not understand why me leave me some purple lines that I see in your image.

A more fundamental question is the following, in The picture you see the view, watch the entire distance from the lines of levels to the surface where it really begins.

This applies when you decide to make platforms for calculating the movement of earth?, How do I correctly place the surface in Revit, so that the calculation of earthwork is correct? That is what I put level, and from where I can start putting construction platforms?

thanks
Levels.png

Message 10 of 11
tonkata

Dogod, see if switching off your survey in visibility graphics gets rid of these lines. Type VG in that view, then choose the import tab, and deselect your survey.
Message 11 of 11
Dogod
in reply to: tonkata

hello, thanks:

I would like to know something. We know that there is a difference between creating a topographic surface points, or import a file with contours.

When you create points, I can create multiple levels in Revit and tie each of these nivees my point curve, but

When I import a file with Autocad level curves, how to put in as Revit levels further if the file brings many curves? (For example, with differences of ten centimeters).

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report