Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dwg import

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
121 Views, 2 Replies

dwg import

First let me tell you what I'm trying to do. I am working on a site model and need to cut roads into the terrain. There are a good number of roads to add and I would like to be able to import the roads layout from AutoCAD and use those lines. I created the road outlines with a closed polyline but when I import the dwg file and explode it to convert the block to Revit lines the AutoCAD polyline turns into segmented lines and arcs. The program says there is an error with the arcs and cannot keep them connected. Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Boy do I wish there was an answer here. I have the same problem with autocad. It sees revit circles as arcs. Bad autodesk. Bad, bad autodesk. Please fix and no I don't want to program a lisp routine. I DON'T HAVE TIME.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You shouldn't explode your autocad drawing, just import it, then with the subregion tool pick the linework of your dwg. Use the tab key to highlight all the lines at once that are touching each other.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report