Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing carpet / flagstones

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
nasanin.rashidian
1972 Views, 4 Replies

drawing carpet / flagstones

Is there a possibility of drawing carpet and/or flagstones? I need to draw them in different rooms, not on the whole floor. How is that possible? I have the Autocad Revit 2013 version.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Do the slab as structural floors (thick) and the floor finishes as architectural floors (thin). Specify materials in the type properties of the floors.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5

I tried that one before, but the programm changes the ground of the whole floor. and i want different materials in different rooms.
Message 4 of 5

Use a thick structural floor for the slab of the whole floor, and individual architectural floors with different materials, for the rooms, on top of the structural floor.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5

Another method is to use Parts. Create a Floor, edit the Structure and add compound "layers" as required-- such as concrete slab, topping, etc.

Then select the Floor, and Create Parts. Then use Divide Parts, and sketch different regions / patterns where you need

flagstone or carpet. Finish the sketch. Then apply different Materials to the Divided areas.

In View Properties, you need to select Show Parts and/or Show Original or Both--experiment with these settings

to achive the desired display behaviour to show the Divided Parts with your flagstone and carpet Materials applied to them. You can Schedule the area of Parts and Materials as well.

Using Parts for floors is just another method to have multiple materials/patterns. You can model individual floors as suggested by Alfredo as well.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report