Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloading and installing Revit

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ccobb119
398 Views, 7 Replies

downloading and installing Revit

I have been trying to download Revit 12 onto a windows 8.1 computer. After it downloads, I cannot find the program to install it. People have told me to use Revit 2014, but I cannot find it on the student downloads. I am sorry, but I come from a Macintosh OSX background and am unfamiliar with where things are in Windows, especially Windows 8.

Are there any solutions?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: ccobb119

Hi Chris,

I checked the Education Community Site and I was able to see locate and download Revit 2014. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 8
ccobb119
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

I am able to download the initial step, but when I go to run the install program, it stops and tells me install has failed. It won't even let me get to where I type in the serial number and password.

Message 4 of 8
ccobb119

The download failed to completely install. Header reads "Installation complete. Some products failed to install." Can you help?

Message 5 of 8
jessica.t

Hi @ccobb119,

Please follow @TravisNave's solution on how to resolve that error. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 6 of 8
ccobb119
in reply to: jessica.t

Jessica, I followed the instructions in Travis Naves' page and it didn't make any difference, plus, AutoCad 2014 disappeared. As I went through the directions last night, some of the verbage and illustrations seem to have been set up for Windows 7 and I have Windows 8. Is there any thing I can do? Are there any local distributors who I can take this to and get it working? I think I must have deleted something I shouldn't have, but I normally use Macintosh computers and I am unfamiliar with Windows terminology. Does everybody have this problem? isn't there a version that works? the first time?

Message 7 of 8
jessica.t

Hi @ccobb119,

Apologies that the issue persists. Could you please attach of a copy of your installation log file so that we can look deeper into the issue? Also, have you tried changing your download method? We look forward to hearing from you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 8 of 8
ccobb119

Jessica,

Sing Hallelujah, Praise the Lord, and take up an offering! I got Revit 2014 to download and work! I tried using another download method, I believe it was Download Now as opposed to Install Now or Browser Download. I am going to try that with Inventor Professional also.

Thank you very much for your assistance and patience!

Chris Cobb

Student-ITT School of Design & Drafting

ccobb119@email.itt-tech.edu

859-746-2536

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report