Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different point cloud density in printed sheet

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JeldeB
625 Views, 3 Replies

different point cloud density in printed sheet

Hello Revit friends!

I am working on a project with a large point cloud of 288 scans (one single recap project). For my client I want to print out PDF-sheets of point cloud views and slices. As you can see in the attached screenshot, I have problems with the point cloud density. In some areas the cloud is not displayed with the full density. After repeating the printing several times the density become better but there are still areas with a bad resolution.

I am looking forward for solutions!

Jelde

System:

Dell WorkStation T340

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 3 GHz

Memory 16 GB

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JeldeB
in reply to: JeldeB

In Revit 2014 the printout of a point cloud works without any problem. Maybe the point cloud engine in 2015 is not the same as in 2014...

I hope that Autodesk will solve this problem in the next update for 2015.

Message 3 of 4
maciejwypych
in reply to: JeldeB

Hi,

Is the same point density visible in Recap?

Also, I've noticed, that point cloud density visibility is dependant on the graphics card memory.

I was working on an airport project with a huge point cloud scan and a more gpu memory made a big difference.

Thanks,

Maciej

Message 4 of 4
JeldeB
in reply to: maciejwypych

Hi Maciej,

No in Recap the pointcloud is displayed with normal density.

As said in my last post, unfortunately Revit 2015 does not display the cloud as good as in 2014.

I would work with 2014, but with a mouse icon over the cloud, in 2014 the whole cloud becomes blue and you cannot see surface structures any more. The sollution in 2015 with the light colors is better..

Regards

Jelde

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report