Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

design bar

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
acoolgirl54
295 Views, 1 Reply

design bar

Help i am just starting out with revit and im using this revit tuorial called getting started with revit architecture. i am at the part where u are modifing the entry deck. i open my entry level floor plan. i select the floor and then i click edit (my design bar is still the same) on the design bar. i select lines in the design bar (now the design bar has changed.) i clear chains in the option bar. i then draw the line on the north side 11'. then i then i go to the options bar and click chain on. i then draw a line on the north inside wal starting at the very left and stoping at the left of the door. then i proceed on to the 11' vertical model line. without doing anything to end the line command i hit split in the tools toolbarand proceed picking point on both sides of the door. then i hit modify. i then select the line at the door opening and i hit delete and the line in front of the door is gone. the i proceed to finish the small profile to the right of the door. which wiil be lines. i the draw a line at the left endpoint of the north wall 3'6". i then draw a line beginning at the upper endpiont of the 3'6" line an extend to the upperendpoint of the 11' verticle line. after all that i click finish sketch and i ger an error message that (lines cannot intersect each other ). when i click (show) it is showing me the north and west wall and the only thng that is there is my model lines that are still in place [meaning that the tutorial hasnt told me to get rid of them yet.] Thats not all when i click on (quit sketching) button i then get the errror message so i click no and my design bar is still in sketch. and i cant click on walls because my basic tab wont show up in my design bar what did i do wrong
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
melarch
in reply to: acoolgirl54

First, you are supposed to pick the Finish Sketch in the Sketch design bar and if the error message is telling you that lines are intersecting in your sketch of this floor you can use the Show button in the error message to highlight the lines that are crossing to determine which ones to clean up.

Mel Persin, aia
Mel Persin, aia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report