Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

decimal drawings in Autocad

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sopo
440 Views, 2 Replies

decimal drawings in Autocad

dear ALL:

I am new Revit user and I have one question. If I have decimal drawing with real world coordinates. Now I imported this Autocad file in Revit. Revit only uses architectural scale. Since Autocad decimal drawing is 1/12 of architectural scale. How do I go about doing the stuff in revit. I do not want to scale the Autocad drawing 12 times because that will destroy the coordinates and will be nightmare for other consultants to handle. Because I will have to export this revit to Autocad for mechanical and electrical people to work on it as a base drawing.

Please help.

Sopo
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: sopo

The import dialog has an option for scaling. Select the units the drawing was created with. Or enter a custom scale factor. "sopo" wrote in message news:32392567.1092073753170.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > dear ALL: > > I am new Revit user and I have one question. If I have decimal drawing with real world coordinates. Now I imported this Autocad file in Revit. Revit only uses architectural scale. Since Autocad decimal drawing is 1/12 of architectural scale. How do I go about doing the stuff in revit. I do not want to scale the Autocad drawing 12 times because that will destroy the coordinates and will be nightmare for other consultants to handle. Because I will have to export this revit to Autocad for mechanical and electrical people to work on it as a base drawing. > > Please help. > > Sopo
Message 3 of 3
sopo
in reply to: sopo

I did that and when I tried to bring the drawing and xref which I used to build the model in revit, into the autocad, they do not fall at the same place. When in fact I used that xref cad file as base. I tried also without scaling, it does the same thing. It is very important for me to have Revit export the drawing with same coordinates so that when I use both xref and revit exported model, they fall at the same place.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report