Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

date parameter in title block (sheet)

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jledgewood409
7369 Views, 8 Replies

date parameter in title block (sheet)

so I have followed the steps in this thread. I am stuck at the category. the "sheets" category is only available when I have the "instance" button checked. I would like Date label to be a "type".

I am trying to create a parameter for the phase the project is in i.e. "state review", "issue for bid set", "issue for construction" and I would like it so that when I change the date it is reflected in all the sheets.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: jledgewood409

What thread are you referring to?

Do all of your Sheets use the same Title Block Family? If so, perhaps just editing the Family, placing the appropriate text there, and reloading it into the Project would suffice. If not, create it as an Instance Parameter and just use a Sheet List (View tab » Schedules▼), add that Parameter as the only field, and disable "Itemize Every Instance". This will leave a single cell in which you can click and enter the appropriate value which will be applied to all Sheets.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
jledgewood409
in reply to: CoreyDaun

my apologies. I didnt mean to have that portion of the message. it was from a post I made in revitcity.

my goal is to have this parameter act as the "sheet issue date." I could use the "sheet issue date" but I need an issue date for each of the phases.

Message 4 of 9
CoreyDaun

The principle idea will still essentially the same. Have you already created a Project Parameter [Shared] with which one can identify the Sheet's Phase? If so, create another one for the date and create the Sheet List as I described in my previous post, except add your 'Phase' parameter and sort by that.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 9
jledgewood409

So I have a label created in the title block based on the Shared Parameter for the date. I insert that title block into a project and create a new sheet. in that sheet I click on the title block and where the label is I get a question mark. I try clicking on the question mark to see if will let me input a date and nothing?

Message 6 of 9
CoreyDaun

When the Title Block is placed in the Project, the embedded Label with the Shared Parameter is trying to find that same Shared Parameter in the Sheet View's Properties and the question mark indicated that it is not finding it. You will have to add that same Shared Parameter as a Project Parameter applying to the "Sheets" Category. (As you stated above, this Category is only available if the Project Parameter is set to "Instance".) Once the Project Parameter is in place, you can alter the value of this under each Sheet's Properties or by clicking on the Label on the Title Block.

Message 7 of 9
jledgewood409

just as you sent your most recent response I was fumbling around and found out what you just posted. I thought that is what I wanted yet I do not want to have to change the date on each sheet seperately. I believe I would like it to be a type parameter as to where I can click on the title block withing the project go to the edit type in the properties box and change the date unversally in the project.

Message 8 of 9
CoreyDaun

As an alternate method then, you can add this information to your Title Block Family. Create a new Generic Annotation Family, place a Label, and create a new Parameter using the button in the bottom left of that dialog. Customize it as needed and then load this into your Title Block Family. Create a new Type Parameter (it cannot be Shared) in your Title Block Family to control the Text of this Label. Finally, place an instance of the Generic Annotation, select it, click the little grey button to the right of that Parameter under Properties, and select the newly created Parameter to create a link.

Disadvantages of this method:

- You will have to repeat this if more than one Title Block Family is in use.

- You will have to create a dedicated Title Block Family Type for each Phase.

- This data is not accessible to the Project, meaning that it cannot be Scheduled or otherwise referenced.

Message 9 of 9

Using the same Shared Parameter that you added to a label in your title block file, create a Project Parameter in your project, that applies to Project Information. Load in your title block, and you should be able to either edit the parameter in the title block on a sheet view, or you can use the Project Information tool on the Manage ribbon tab, Settings panel, to edit the value. The same value will appear on all sheets that use that title block (and all title blocks that use that shared parameter in a label). We do this for several items, such as project credits and for the copyright date.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report