Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cutting wall section views

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
j.weiseman
1904 Views, 2 Replies

cutting wall section views

anyone have guidance on breaking wall section views ? ie. using the section view tool works very well for a BIM wall type, but how can we cut the section so we don't need to have the view show the entire height, etc of the wall. especially when fitting in representative sections of twenty different wall types/situations on a single sheet ?
thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Scott_Womack
in reply to: j.weiseman

Turn on, and make visible the Crop View for the section. Select the crop box, and you'll notice a couple of blue lines at about the third points, pick on one, and the middle of youe section will "disappear. Now you can grab the blue arrow heads, and drag these edges, there will be a blue arrows in the middle where you can move the entire piece of the wall. You can do this mutilple times on the same section to get it to fit on a sheet.
Message 3 of 3
peterewers
in reply to: Scott_Womack

Thanks Scott!  I just found your response and that is exactly what I needed.  I had it all down but I couldn't see the little blue arrows in the middle of the boxes.  Thanks to your instructions I found the arrows and was able to move the boxes and fit my tall wall section on one sheet!

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report