Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cut the roof with the wall.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
yangli
376 Views, 4 Replies

cut the roof with the wall.

Hi,
I have few questions about the revit:

1. I am trying to end the roof with where the wall is on the second floor. Using joining geometry doesn't work. Does anyone know how to do it?

2. The dome roof is created by 6 pieces and joined together. Is there a easier way to do this roof?

3. Can I do dimension from two points rather than from the 2 faces or centerline of the wall?

4. Is there online tutoring or booklet that would give me basic guideline to use Revit. I've already try the tutorial material that comes with the program.

Thanks in advance for all the helps. 😃

Li
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
yangli
in reply to: yangli

sorry forgot to attach the picture.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi! Here are some answers: yangli wrote: > 2. The dome roof is created by 6 pieces and joined together. Is there a easier way to do this roof? Simply draw Roof by footprint as 6-side polygon. > > 3. Can I do dimension from two points rather than from the 2 faces or centerline of the wall? Yes. Press TAB until point shows.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

see answers below: > > 1. I am trying to end the roof with where the wall is on the second floor. Using joining geometry doesn't work. Does anyone know how to do it? The sketch that defines the roof should stop at the wall. Check the "overhang" in the Options bar, and set it to zero. Your roof currently has an overhang set. > 2. The dome roof is created by 6 pieces and joined together. Is there a easier way to do this roof? Just create one roof, pick the six walls, and make them all slope defining. > > 3. Can I do dimension from two points rather than from the 2 faces or centerline of the wall? Hover over endpoint, hit Tab until the endpoint of the line to dimension highlights, then click. > > 4. Is there online tutoring or booklet that would give me basic guideline to use Revit. I've already try the tutorial material that comes with the program. You did all the tutorials that come with Revit? Some of your questions are covered in the tutorials. Best resource is www.augi.com in the Revit forums. You can buy several books that are available.
Message 5 of 5
jiacomo89

i know how to make it easier but it is still really complicated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report