Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cut roof

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
yangli
415 Views, 6 Replies

cut roof

Hi, does anyone know how can I cut the overhang on the top gabel roof and align with the overhang at the bottom (with everything stay as it is now)? thanks.

Li
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: yangli

There are many ways, here's a way to do it with one roof. (revit 7.0 file) -Z yangli wrote: > Hi, does anyone know how can I cut the overhang on the top gabel roof and align with the overhang at the bottom (with everything stay as it is now)? thanks. > > Li
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

sorry, forgot attachment yangli wrote: > Hi, does anyone know how can I cut the overhang on the top gabel roof and align with the overhang at the bottom (with everything stay as it is now)? thanks. > > Li
Message 4 of 7
yangli

hi, actually i'm looking for something like this but i need to know how can i join all the roofs together and cut the unwanted overhang? can you show me the steps and which function you've used? thanks!
Message 5 of 7
bruntj

I have some similar issues. When I add a gable along an edge and it has a different slope then I cannot get roof edge under upper overhang to join to wall.
Also, is there a direct way to do a shed dormer and have it meet main roof cleanly at ridge and 2nd floor top plate?
Thank you,
John
Message 6 of 7
bruntj

Here is a solution to your three gable.
Split center low gable sketch lines at midpoint and add a slope arrow from midpoint to right set to "Specify" = "Slope" and Rise/12" = 12". If center reference plane is where you want ridge, use that point to split sketch lines instead. Turn off un-needed slope defining check boxes and drag sketch lines to eliminate excess roof .
Use Join Geometry to join roofs.
Hope that helps.
Message 7 of 7
bruntj

Also, right lower gable only needs one slope defining line and only need to go to ridge line. You will need to attach wall to upper roof as well existing attachment to lower roof.
J Brunt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report