Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cut 1 solid with another?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bt1138
1301 Views, 5 Replies

cut 1 solid with another?

Is there a way to cut 1 solid with another? 

Or must I always create a void in the form that is to be cut, then stick the 2nd solid into the void?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ryan.duell
in reply to: bt1138

In Revit 2011, you can cut one solid with another solid.  I have included additional information below:

In Revit 2011, you can cut one solid with another solid.  I have included additional information below:

http://docs.autodesk.com/REVIT/2011/ENU/filesUsersGuide/WS1a9193826455f5ff-71bc797a126fd6fb25b-7ed9....

This functionality is limited to the conceptual mass environment or when creating a single in-place component mass.

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 6
bt1138

Thanks.

I tired something like that, but it didn't seem to happen. I will persevere.

B

Message 4 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

It works within the limits stated by Ryan in his reply: in the conceptual mass environment or in a single In-place mass.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 6
bt1138

thank you all.

Message 6 of 6
amoeba_720

You can also do this by setting the material properties as the same and joining them together, once you do this you can hide the element you don't want in view or place it on a workset like 'invisible' and uncheck that in the VG interface! I do this all the time to get the desired profile on Curved walls that need a sloped bottom for instance.

I hope this helps!

cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report