Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customizing appearence

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nikki
148 Views, 4 Replies

customizing appearence

Help...how can I customize the look of my revit features, so that my drawings will have the same or at least similar appearance to that of my CAD drawings in Desktop. Like line wts/types, fonts, poche, etc. so that the drawings look more like our construction drawings rather than an "archicad" type drawing. Please help if there are any solutions, thanks! nikki
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: nikki

Fully customizable. Use any font you want in the symbols and families, as well as any graphics. Same for lineweights, linetypes, hatches. These are all found under project settings. "nikki" wrote in message news:23828970.1098465143746.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Help...how can I customize the look of my revit features, so that my drawings will have the same or at least similar appearance to that of my CAD drawings in Desktop. Like line wts/types, fonts, poche, etc. so that the drawings look more like our construction drawings rather than an "archicad" type drawing. Please help if there are any solutions, thanks! nikki
Message 3 of 5
blumarble

I give up. Where is it? I've been trying to change the font for some symbols and tried everything I can think of -- including properties, looking for it under "settings" "project settings", etc. -- but still can't find it; can't find the way to change a font for anything. (Not very intuitive).
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

with a few exceptions, fonts are controlled in the families, open the family up, change the font, the reload it. -Z "blumarble" wrote in message news:24563393.1100200864391.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I give up. Where is it? I've been trying to change the font for some symbols and tried everything I can think of -- including properties, looking for it under "settings" "project settings", etc. -- but still can't find it; can't find the way to change a font for anything. (Not very intuitive).
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Symbols are objects created as families. You'll need to open each family file and change the font appearance there. This is no different than if you wanted to change the overall appearance of a door or window. "blumarble" wrote in message news:24563393.1100200864391.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I give up. Where is it? I've been trying to change the font for some symbols and tried everything I can think of -- including properties, looking for it under "settings" "project settings", etc. -- but still can't find it; can't find the way to change a font for anything. (Not very intuitive).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report