Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom plan cut

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
919 Views, 3 Replies

custom plan cut

I am trying to create a floor plan view through a stack of blocks that ignores the block which I am actually cutting through.  If you look at the attached graphic, it will better explain my idea.

There is a ‘key’ which protrudes from the top of each block.  I want to show the ‘key’ in plan view without showing the block that it fits into. 

I have the Levels corresponding to each level of block coursing.  I have tried to create a Filter in the View Graphics which would disallow any objects from any other Level (block course) from showing up, but I haven’t figured out how to get Revit to recognize the Level names.

Any ideas as to how to achieve this plan view?  Thanks for your help.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Check the value of Cut Plane in the plan view's View Range settings. If the Cut plane height is really placed at where you are showing that section line at your first image, you should get the desired result.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I have played with the View Range Settings, but because the cut line is going through a solid block above the key, I do not see the key below.  The best I can do is cut through the key to get an idea that it's there,but that is not desireable.

Message 4 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

I made a test, and the plan view displayed correctly, but if it is not working for you, another thing you can try is to select the block that is obscuring the view > override graphics in view > by element > set it to trasparent.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report