Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crown molding

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2039 Views, 6 Replies

crown molding

can anyone tell me how to get crown molding on the tops of my cabinets? thank you John Krcil
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

In place family, sweep will do it. "John Krcil" wrote in message news:401c6efd_1@newsprd01... > can anyone tell me how to get crown molding on the tops of my cabinets? > > thank you > > John Krcil
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

You could also create a wall with the crown profile pre-set as a wall sweep. This would allow you to "draw" the molding and edit the profile a little more directly. You will want to make sure that the walls created with this type do not have the "Room Boundary" check box. Sincerely, glynnis patterson, Architect RAND IMAGINiT www.rand.com/imaginit
Message 4 of 7
cbcarch

Another possibility:

Add the crown molding in the casework family as a sweep, using a Profile.

Make sure to use reference planes and lock the model geometry of the crown mold sweep to then so the molding will "flex" when you change cabinet sizes.

Create Visibility Parameters if needed to either show or hide the crown molding once loaded into the project.

For end cabinets, use the Visibility controls/parameters to turn the molding on/off inside the project depending on your needs.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 7
mpwuzhere
in reply to: cbcarch

@cbcarch, Cliff, you realize how old this post is right?  Thanks to the spammer for digging it up.

Message 6 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: mpwuzhere

Yeah, babies were born when this thread started can have babies of their own today.

Message 7 of 7
RDAOU
in reply to: ToanDN

Smiley Very Happy

I love this!!!! 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report