Revit Architecture

Kiri
Message 1 of 6 (213 Views)

creating new door families

213 Views, 5 Replies
01-18-2004 06:12 PM
Can anyone help me?
i am new too revit and have created two new door families, but when i try to place them the programme keeps saying can't create door type? what have i done wrong in the creation process, does anyone one have some tips on creating doors which are not standard?
cheers Kiri
*Scott Davis
Message 2 of 6 (213 Views)

Re: creating new door families

01-18-2004 06:31 PM in reply to: Kiri
If you can post the file, it would be helpful to figure out why it's not working. Post it to revit.community.customer-files, or go to www.zoogdesign.com/forums and post it there. SD "Kiri" wrote in message news:11635086.1074478378823.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Can anyone help me? > i am new too revit and have created two new door families, but when i try to place them the programme keeps saying can't create door type? what have i done wrong in the creation process, does anyone one have some tips on creating doors which are not standard? > cheers Kiri
Distinguished Contributor
Steve_Stafford
Message 3 of 6 (213 Views)

01-19-2004 07:06 PM in reply to: Kiri
Generally that error means you have not allowed for wall thickness to change in your family. When creating a family it's important to vary the size of the host wall to see if you family will flex properly in different wall styles. The other possibility is that the host wall isn't long enough. I'd bet the it's the wall thickness in this case though.
Kiri
Message 4 of 6 (213 Views)

01-19-2004 08:57 PM in reply to: Kiri
Hi i have attached one of the doors i created, Let me know what the verdict is!!! cheers Kiri
Kiri
Message 5 of 6 (213 Views)

01-19-2004 09:00 PM in reply to: Kiri
hi there thanks i will try it and see if it fixes my problem, i have attached the file if you want to look at it, and see what i have done. cheers Kiri
priority
Message 6 of 6 (213 Views)

02-07-2004 10:23 PM in reply to: Kiri
Sounds like a constraint problem. When you create a door family with multiple types, always test it in the family editor before you load it into your project to make sure it functions.
If you change an 8'-0" foot door into a 4'-0" door inside your project an you get that error message it usually means there is a bad constraint.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.