Revit Architecture

hgire
Message 1 of 9 (143 Views)

creating line types

143 Views, 8 Replies
12-03-2004 06:46 AM
hey there, i am trying to make a gas line in my house, and I cant' find if their is away to have a line with a G-character in the middle of the line.....if yoiu know how to do this, the help would be greatly appreciated...thanks.
*JTB
Message 2 of 9 (143 Views)

Re: creating line types

12-03-2004 07:00 AM in reply to: hgire
I don't think it is possible, but check www.augi.com for more answers. Someone has asked this before
dumdum
Message 3 of 9 (143 Views)

12-03-2004 07:14 AM in reply to: hgire
maybe you should try typing the G's on the line
hgire
Message 4 of 9 (143 Views)

12-03-2004 07:15 AM in reply to: hgire
you can do that? haha, thanks...i am trying augi.com, thanks
dumdum
Message 5 of 9 (143 Views)

12-03-2004 07:17 AM in reply to: hgire
i think so... why not...but what is revit.... is that where you can build houses and airplanes
*Allen L
Message 6 of 9 (143 Views)

12-03-2004 11:21 AM in reply to: hgire
hgire wrote: > hey there, i am trying to make a gas line in my house, and I cant' find if their is away to have a line with a G-character in the middle of the line.....if yoiu know how to do this, the help would be greatly appreciated...thanks. You can use the Repeating Detail (drafting tool). Create an annotation family using filled region and make the letter G. Import that into project and create a new Repeating Detail Family.
*Steve Burri
Message 7 of 9 (143 Views)

12-04-2004 01:13 PM in reply to: hgire
Attached is an example of one way... It utilizes the repeating detail method. I'm sure there are other creative ways to do it. Save out the Gas Line.rfa from the project to see how it was created. -- Regards, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc Client Support Manager - Revit "Allen L" wrote in message news:41b0bca9_1@newsprd01... > hgire wrote: >> hey there, i am trying to make a gas line in my house, and I cant' find >> if their is away to have a line with a G-character in the middle of the >> line.....if yoiu know how to do this, the help would be greatly >> appreciated...thanks. > You can use the Repeating Detail (drafting tool). Create an annotation > family using filled region and make the letter G. Import that into > project and create a new Repeating Detail Family.
dumdum
Message 8 of 9 (143 Views)

12-06-2004 07:49 AM in reply to: hgire
hgire is such a pretty name!!!
hgire
Message 9 of 9 (143 Views)

12-08-2004 07:26 AM in reply to: hgire
what do u mean by save out? i am trying to get it to, but i dont know how you want me to go about, is there a procedure? let me know...thanks!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube