Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a tag for a group, so I can add on Identity Data

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ca
Explorer
1525 Views, 5 Replies

create a tag for a group, so I can add on Identity Data

does anyone have a suggestion on how this could be done?

thanks!

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: ca

I don't think that tagging a group is possible. As an alternative, you could select several items without grouping them, and save the selection (in 2013) with a name, which allows you to load or retrieve that selection later.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
loboarch

Groups can't be tagged but "assemblies" can.  You may consider making an assembly rather than a group and it may accomplish the same thing you are looking to do.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 4 of 6
rosskirby

The only feasible option I've come up with is to make a special family called Group ID, which is loaded into the project and hosted in each group.  There is no geometry to the ID family (except a subcategory that I can turn on or off in my working and annotation views, respectively), so I just tag that family in the group, and that represents the group.

Sorry if that wasn't very clear.  Let me know if you need further explanation.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 5 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: rosskirby

rosskirby wrote:

"The only feasible option I've come up with is to make a special family called Group ID, which is loaded into the project and hosted in each group.  There is no geometry to the ID family (except a subcategory that I can turn on or off in my working and annotation views, respectively), so I just tag that family in the group, and that represents the group."

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. To add to that, you can place the Symbolic Lines of the embedded 'Group ID' family on <Invisible Lines> instead of on a dedicated Subcategory (which requires constant on/off maintenance). You can still Tag the element even though it's invisible. And as long as you place the element somewhere consistent (like in the center of the Group), it won't be difficult to find. Anyway, it will still "glow" when the cursor hovers over it.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 6
ca
Explorer
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I will immediately test drive a group with your good ideas and I hope to succeed!
Very grateful for your help!
Regards Christian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report