Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cpu for revit 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
aspringer
931 Views, 4 Replies

cpu for revit 2014

I am an architect purchasing a new computer for Revit 2014. Looking at Intel Xeon E5 1603 (quad core) or Intel Xeon E5 1620 v2 (quad core with hyperthreading) cpu's. Does hyperthreading have any advantages rendering in Revit?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

It does if you locally rendering the file

This may help

http://betterrevit.com/tips/hyper-threading-for-revit/

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 5

Hyper-threading

Hyper-threading in Intel processors means that the OS (Windows) can schedule two data threads simultaneously. If one thread stalls, the other thread can be processed instead. It's is not quite like getting twice as many cores, but it does allow the CPU to process multiple threads more efficiently, and can be a significant boost for tasks such as rendering. Almost all i7 CPUs have Hyper-threading, which is one of the main advantages over the i5 which generally doesn't have Hyper-threading.

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 4 of 5

Thanks, AA. I think I am going to go with the ht processor.

Message 5 of 5

But without taking rendering into consideration, does general autocad and revit use take advantage of hyperthreading? If not then a core i5 would be better value for money..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report