Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy/pasting furniture, casework

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mpukas
1393 Views, 1 Reply

copy/pasting furniture, casework

When I try to copy to clip board / paste <aligned to selected levels>  furnture & casework, say from Level 1 to Level 2, I get yelled at saying there are multiple instances in the same place. The furniture on Level 1 is constrained to Level 1, and when I paste it to Level 2, the new furniture says it constrained to Level 2, but it doesn't show up in Level 2 - it shows up in the same place on Level 1.

Even if I go to Level 2 floor plan and paste, it still get put on level 1.

What am I missing? Thanks. mpp

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I am not too sure I understand you very well. but I made some personal observations on this subject:

• if, in Family Editor , I check in Properties >Work Plane Based and load the piece of furmiture in the project then , - in project , if I select the loaded furniture, I can change the position from Work Plane >Edit Work Plane >Specify a New Work Plane. The Copy (Clipboard function) and Paste - Aligned to Selected Level it works accurate- but does not accept Pick New Host

• If , in Family Editor, uncheck in Properties >Work Plane Based and load the piece of furmiture in the project then, in project , I can not change the position of it from Constraints >Level...if I change the Level the furniture does not move , but accepts Pick New Host

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report