Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

construction, layer and material properties not appear in GBXML

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kskleivaniotis
619 Views, 5 Replies

construction, layer and material properties not appear in GBXML

I would like to ask why when I change the properties of a wall or choose a composite wall for a simple square and exporting it to gbXML, building, the properties of construction, layer and material do NOT appear in the gbXML.
Also if I tick the box Export Default Values in the gbXML settings then the the DEFAULT properties of construction, layer and material will appear(which is logical). If I untick the box, then no properties will appear.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
swang12
in reply to: kskleivaniotis

Hi,

I would like to know whether you have solved this problem?

I am also building my model in Revit, with materials, and I want to export it out as gbXML file to do energy analysis. But it is very strange that in the gbXML file, it does contain the default material information. But there is no material corresponding to each surface and layer. The construction seems also in a default way. 

Have you solved this problem?

Thanks!

Best,

Na 

Message 3 of 6
kskleivaniotis
in reply to: swang12

Dear swang12,

In order to put your own material, first you have to use Revit 2013. Then, when you ll export your building in gbXML, you have to change to the section EXPORT CATEGORY, from Saces to Rooms. Have also in mind that you must have put ROOMS in order to definedyour spaces in gbXML. If  you put rooms instead of spaces, then in your gbXML you ll have spaces again that define your building geometry. Also, through the material library you can apply your thermal properties you want on the materials.

KInd regards

Message 4 of 6
swang12

Hi,

Thanks so much for the reply! 

I do have checked the "ROOM" part when I export it as gbXML file from Revit. I have tried to coorect the wall materials. But it turns out to that the "CADObjectID" always refers that wall is "Basic Roof: Generic - 12" , instead of showing the material I give. I have just attached part of the showing in gbXML file.  And I would like to know whether the material name of a surface will in appear in the list of "CADobject"? And could you recommend me some sources taliking about how gbXML interpretate the geometry and material information in the Revit.

I have also attached my own "one room" rvt and xml file. Could you take a look at them? Could you make some changes of the material for the surface and then export it to gbXML. 

Thanks! 

Best,

Na 

surface.JPG

Message 5 of 6

Dear Na,

First of all, you should not worry about "CADObjectID". I dont know has that parameter change, however you should not focus on that because there is no library with "CADObjectID" so you cannot use it. I think that you should concentrate on the surface ATTRIBUTES. Every surface has attributes such "CONSTRUCTION". The Construction, Layer and Material nodes define to you all the essential information about the surfaces. These nodes are under the surface area in gbXML and are sibling nodes with Surface nodes.

In odrer to see study the conection between gbXML and REVIT type on the search field of REVIT the word: gbXML. Go to the first result and you ll find what you need.

In the gbXML you have posted there is sth wrong. I cant see any ATTRIBUTES in the Surface nodes. This atribbutes will guide you to the information about the materials layers and other construction parameters of every surface.

I ll check your gbXML and I ll keep you informed.

Kind regards

Message 6 of 6
swang12

Dear kskleivaniotis, 

Thanks so much for the detailed response! I have several more questions:

1. I notice that each object has a CADObjectID. And the surfaces in my model, Basic roof: Generic - 12, and Basic wall: Generic - 8, Fixed: 36" x 48" for window. But do you mean we do not need care about all the CADObjectIDs? Are they related to the materials allocated? 

2. The following picture shows the construction, layer, and materials. (The model is only one room)  And it does not indicate which surface is using this construction. How can I know that?  And no these (construction, layer and material) information show under the surface. Do you mean I may have generated a wrong gbXML file without materials included?  Do you mean there should be ATTributes under each surface nodes?

3.  When you say "search field of REVIT the word: gbXML. Go to the first result and you ll find what you need.", which website do you refer? I do not think I can find it......

I have attached the RVT and gbXML file again....

Thanks so much!

Best,

Na 

material.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report