Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing label/ tags scales

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
awadamopoulos
8046 Views, 5 Replies

changing label/ tags scales

Hello I have changed the scale of my sheets and the scale of my floor plans to accomadate my new sheets, but now all of my thermostat, wall strips ect. are all way too big. How do I change this? Thank you.

Andrew

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
L.Maas
in reply to: awadamopoulos

What kind of families are those thermostats etc?

If those are annotations than they will grow/shrink depending on the scale of your view.

If you do not want that happening you have two options I think.

1) Place them in different (non-scaling) family category.

2) Make different (size) annotation family for each scale.

Both solutions have there (dis)advantages

Annotation families are meant to keep same height on paper no matter what scale is used in the view and thus will grow/shrink with view scale.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 6
awadamopoulos
in reply to: L.Maas

Thank you for the response.
The families are electrical fixtures
I want to make the tags smaller so that they don't obscure my sheets and
look busy
Message 4 of 6
L.Maas
in reply to: awadamopoulos

The Electrical Fixture Family is not a problem. However you mention that you want to make the tags smaller.

It depends on how you tag the fixture.

For example I have in some of my "elecrtical fixtures"  a nested "general annotation" family with a 2d symbol of the fixture. This symbol, because it is an "general annotation" will grow/shrink with the viewport scale. If I would like to keep this symbol the same size independent of view scale I could draw the symbol directly in the "electrical fixtures"  family by using model/symbolic lines. Text however is not so easy. You will notice that if you put annotative text directly inside the electrical fixture family it will not show in the project. The only solution would then be to use model text (text with depth). However this has its disadvantages because, amongst others, it is basically a model and therefore will show in all viewports including 3D ones.

If you use tags outside the "electrical fixture" family, inside your project (e.g. by using "annotate", "tag by category") than you use an "electrical fixture tag" or "multi-category tag. Those will scale with the view scale. In those cases if you think at higher scales your tag gets too big you would have to make an alternative tag with smaller symbols/text.

However you should consider if this is the appropriate route to follow. Normally if I make (small) tags, I will make the tag in for example 2.5 mm height font (we consider this the smallest reasonable readable font). If I use this tag in the project, the tag will scale with the view scale. However on paper it will remain 2.5 mm height (so always readable). If I place these tags on a view and with bigger scales and the view becomes too cluttered I would start to work on alternative solutions. For example I would go to bigger size paper or split the view to different sheets so that I could use a smaller view scale (e.g 1:50 vs 1;100).

If I have views were I would like to give more emphasize to certain tags I would make a larger tag with for example 5 mm height font.

Quite a story. Hopefully I explained it clearly enough.

Otherwise post an example of your electrical fixture and the tag (if separate) and we can have a look how those are constructed

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 6
jmin9LNC7
in reply to: L.Maas

@L.Maas 

So... again.... how do you change the tag scale? 

Thanks for the stories and beliefs, but now, can we come back to the point and share us steps on how to change the scale?

Message 6 of 6
Mark.Friis
in reply to: jmin9LNC7

you cant freeze/fix the size of the Tags. They will always scale with, because they are fixed to the scale size. Theres sadly no "check mark"- symbol to fix it to the Model size.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report