Revit Architecture

vittete
Message 1 of 4 (492 Views)

central file

492 Views, 3 Replies
02-07-2011 05:40 AM

Hi everybody,

I have tried to make a central file on the dropbox, but it doesn't let me (in the dialog box the central file is grey so i can't even change it). Are there any other possible ways to make a central file so i could work with y collegue on the distance?

thank you in advance.

Employee
ryan.duell
Message 2 of 4 (472 Views)

Re: central file

02-08-2011 07:32 AM in reply to: vittete

You will need to have a location all users can connect to in the same manner; this is the only method it will work if you want to be able to work with the central file at the same time.

A similar post on using Dropbox:

http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2010/06/dropbox-and-project-sharing.html

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Autodesk, Inc.

Revit Clinic
@revitclinic

vittete
Message 3 of 4 (460 Views)

02-08-2011 02:39 PM in reply to: ryan.duell

Hi again,

I have a problem when i want to make my file as a central. When i save as new project, then change name of it and then in the options the button appears grey and doesn't let me make a central file, what should i do?

thanks again

vittete
Message 4 of 4 (443 Views)

02-09-2011 02:00 AM in reply to: vittete

hei, finaly i have created the central file and it seems to work, i can sync and my collegue as well, but we don't see each others changes. there are in common folder files named as conflicts. therefore i have no idea what to do. 

thanks for the help

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube